Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA)Eau Thermale Avène is proud to be supporting the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA).The Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA), which is the only organisation of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, was founded in January 1994.See partner website
The Association is a valuable source of knowledge and advice on a wide range of issues associated with the management and treatment of Eczema.
“The Eczema Association of Australasia Inc supports and educates Eczema sufferers and carers, along with the wider community, in all aspects of Eczema and its impact.”
¨ is a National, Non-Profit Organisation
¨ is an Incorporated Body
¨ has International Links
¨ has Public Benevolent Status
¨ is a Registered Charity in Australia
¨ has its name registered with the Australian Securities Commission
¨ has a Medical Advisory Board
¨ has a good working relationship with Australian & International Dermatologists; Natural Therapists; other Medical Practitioners; Pharmaceutical Companies; Political Representatives from various parties and many companies who manufacture products which may be beneficial to Eczema sufferers.
As well as supporting and educating Eczema sufferers, their carers and the wider community, the EAA also aims
¨ to greatly increase public awareness of Eczema
¨ to ensure the improved treatment of sufferers and carers in public situations
¨ to improve and broaden the availability of medical treatments and supplies for Eczema sufferers
¨ to maintain links with Medical Professionals to ensure continuance of up-to-date information
¨ to conduct Specialised Research into the causes and effects of Eczema.
Hands to HoldEau Thermale Avène is proud to be supporting Hands to Hold, a non-profit organisation.Hands to Hold recently established in Queensland to work with carers and sufferers of Chronic Allergic Diseases, such as eczema, to improve their quality of life and overcome barriers created by the condition.See partner website
Hands to Hold provides personalised practical and emotional support to carers and sufferers through support groups, educational and referral services.
Hands to Hold was founded by its current directors Melanie Funk who has twin boys suffering from severe eczema and allergies, Anne Meehan, Marion Anderson and Lisa Stark.
Eau Thermale Avène is now supporting Hands to Hold in the following projects:
- Supporting 10 families suffering from eczema by providing them with free Avène products.
- Sponsoring educational events organised by Hands to Hold by providing free Avène samples and products, educational support and brochures.
- Working in partnership with Hands to Hold to organise roundtables and workshops with healthcare professionals.
- Supporting 10 families suffering from eczema by providing them with free Avène products.
AFPRALThe Eau Thermale Avène brand is a partner of AFPRAL (French Association for the Prevention of Allergies).An allergy is when the body develops an excessive reaction to a foreign body that it considers to be a threat. It is caused by an imbalance of the immune system.See partner website
The immune system is a defense mechanism that protects the body against external attacks.
In allergy sufferers, the immune system responds abnormally or excessively to a harmless foreign substance in the body which it has already come into contact with.
Know more about it on the intolerances and the allergies
Avène dermatological laboratories offer dermatologically tested skin care products specially designed for sensitive skin and approved by rigorous efficacy, skin tolerance and hypoallergenic testing.
Since 1996, the Tolerance Extreme range has been presented to medical professionals for treatment of the most sensitive skin types. The forerunners of this cutting edge technology rely on sterility to offer pure skin care formulas that are free from potential irritants. Our Laboratories have continued to invest in Research over the years to ensure that these formulas are increasingly effective.
The result Sterile cosmetics.
This expertise has just been recognized by AFPRAL (French Association for the Prevention of Allergies), whose objective is to "help to ensure that the public is properly informed about allergies."
The Eau Thermale Avène brand is now a partner of this organization and has been:
-"RECOGNIZED" for its Sterile Cosmetics technology which offers the following benefits:
- a simple formula containing essential ingredients only that is free of preservatives and substances used for their preservative effects
- sterilization at each stage of the production process
- packaging using the patented D.E.F.I. system* (Device for Exclusive Formula Integrity) which ensures that the formula remains sterile during use.
"RECOMMENDED" for its skin care products using Sterile Cosmetics technology as these combine effective protection with optimal tolerance:
- Tolerance Extreme Soothing moisturizing cream and cleansing milk
- Skin Recovery cream and rich skin recovery cream for calming and protecting skin
- XeraCalm AD Lipid-replenishing cream and balm
- Pediatril Moisturizing cream
ESCFAvène dermatological laboratories work alongside the European Skin Cancer Foundation (ESCF)(1).Founded in 2008, this association aims to inform the public and raise awareness of the risk factors for skin cancer and implement prevention campaigns. Skin cancer is actually a major public health issue today.See partner website
Excessive sun exposure (2) has been established as a contributing factor in the growing prevalence of skin cancer, including melanomas and
non melanoma skin cancers (NMSC), which are rarely fatal but are becoming increasingly common. Early diagnosis is essential for a good prognosis and so education and photo-protection are key, especially where children are concerned.
Avène dermatological laboratories have risen to the challenge thanks to their long term commitment in this field and sun care expertise. The sun care range from Avène is proven to protect your skin and keeps it safe from the harmful effects of the sun while also helping to prevent sun damage.
This is why we have decided to invest in this area alongside ESCF and support numerous actions led by the Foundation:
- Prevent Educating children about sun damage preserves healthy skin for a longer time.
- Train dermatologists and doctors from all partner countries in skin cancer diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
(1) European Skin Cancer foundation.
(2) Armstrong BK, Kricker A,The epidemiology of UV induced skin cancer. J Photochem Photobiol B 2001; 63:8-18.
Fondation pour la Dermatite AtopiqueThe brand Eau Thermale Avène is a founding member of the Foundation for Atopic Dermatitis.Foundation for Atopic DermatitisSee partner website
The brand Eau Thermale Avène is a founding member of the Foundation for Atopic Dermatitis whose mission is threefold:
- A foundation for research: So that teams involved in research on atopic dermatitis, based on epidemiology, genetics, immunology, basic or clinical research, may receive practical assistance following approval by the Foundation's scientific committee.
- A foundation for raising awareness: Atopic dermatitis is not well-known. Parents and also educators, doctors and other health professionals need information on the nature of atopic dermatitis, how to treat it, how it affects patients' lives and their families and the best ways to alleviate the suffering caused by this condition. The Foundation helps to disseminate this information in professional media and also for the general public.
- A foundation for education: As with all chronic conditions, atopic dermatitis can be difficult to manage. It can be frustrating for children and parents who don't know how to make the best use of the treatments available, which all have their pros and cons. Education about treatment produces effective means for gaining the necessary knowledge and understanding of the condition. This translates into valuable expertise in everyday life. The Atopy schools already in place have gained experiences that the Foundation is helping to share more widely.
The Foundation for Atopic Dermatitis therefore works on many levels:
- It contributes to the funding of research and clinical studies on atopic dermatitis.
- It supports all initiatives in science or in the media that aim to raise awareness and inform the public about the condition, the treatments available and patients' daily lives.
- It designs and implements educational tools and initiatives.
- It creates, edits and disseminates information material created for practitioners, parents and children.
ONE SMILE: skin care for cancer patientsONE SMILE is an initiative from Avène Dermatological Laboratories to provide the best dermocosmetic skin care for cancer patients.ONE SMILE is an initiative from Avène Dermatological Laboratories to provide the best dermocosmetic skin care for cancer patients.See partner website
Cancer treatments are constantly being developed.
The advancement of therapeutic interventions including surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and targeted therapies means treatment and prevention of the disease is becoming more and more effective.
These treatments are synonymous with hope and remission, but are also responsible for side effects that patients often find limiting and difficult to live with.
A better understanding of these side effects and how to treat them is vital in order to reduce their unpleasant consequences so that patients can continue to benefit fully from effective cancer treatments.
The aim is to improve the quality of life of men and women who are battling cancer every day and face physical changes as a result of cancer treatments.
In partnership with European and American experts (Caroline Robert and Vincent Sibaud in France and Mario Lacouture in the US), AVENE Dermatological Laboratories have created a ONE SMILE training and information program available for health professionals. By training health professionals in how to treat skin side effects, we can improve cancer patients' quality of life.
Thanks to the website www.one-smile.care, patients have access to a dedicated platform offering information and advice.