to help me live better
In the shower
- Use an ultra-rich cleansing oil that's soap and fragrance free.
- Never use soap, fragranced products or products containing alcohol.
- Don't rub your skin too hard with a towel.
On my skin
- Apply prescription creams to inflamed areas as directed by your doctor
- Apply moisturising cream at least twice daily to hydrate your skin.
- Soothe itching sensations* by repeatedly applying a steady spray of Avène Thermal Spring Water.
- Use dermo-cosmetic makeup.
- Choose clothes made of soft materials like cotton.
- Use hypoallergenic detergents.
- Don't use harsh chemical cleaning products.
Sometimes people ask me if 'm sunburned. Flare-ups can be challenging mentally as well as physically. XeraCalm doesn't cure my eczema, because nothing can yet, but not wanting to scratch all the time is a huge win.
A few months ago I stayed at the Avène Hydrotherapy Center. I learned many new skin care techniques, like gently patting my skin dry with a towel instead of rubbing.
This moisturiser is a total game changer for me. Super moisturising, not sticky, not gloopy, not too thick, not too thin. It’s just right in my book. They’ve made the pump easier to use, which means I give it 10 stars.
Your skin care
providing support for dry, eczema-prone skin
XeraCalm A.D Lipid-replenishing cleansing oil
Helps repair, nourish and strengthen the skin's protective film.
Soothes itching sensations caused by skin dryness.
hydrate and calm itching sensations*
XeraCalm A.D Lipid-replenishing cream & balm
Nourishing - Anti-irritating - Anti-scratching
Soothes itching sensations*.
moisturise and calm itching sensations*
See product details
The advice given on this platform is not intended to replace advice from your doctor.
*Caused by skin dryness.