At what age should I start using an anti-ageing skincare products?
When it comes to skin ageing, we are not all equal. Some people will be marked by age more quickly than others, especially since several things also influence the appearance of wrinkles on the face. A healthy diet, sufficient sleep, moderate alcohol and limited tobacco consumption and, above all, good sun protection help to delay the signs of ageing.
So, there’s no exact rule about the age at which to start using an anti-ageing skincare routine. Cells regenerate less quickly from the age of 30 onwards, which is why this age is the most recommended. However, you can also start younger if necessary. We know that dry skin tends to mark more quickly than oily skin. The most important thing is to use an anti-ageing cream adapted to your age.
How do you get rid of facial wrinkles?
Which anti-ageing product should you choose?
The anti-ageing product you choose depends on your skin type and any imperfections. You need to treat the latter first before starting anti-ageing products.
For young skin, we recommend antioxidant products to prevent the appearance of the fine lines. A-Oxitive NIGHT Peeling Cream is the product for the first fine lines. Applied to the face and neck in the evening before going to sleep, it reveals the full radiance of your skin in the morning. Note that night-time is the ideal time to use an anti-ageing product as it is the period when the skin regenerates the most and will benefit the most from the key ingredients contained in your anti-ageing product.
On the other hand, pay special attention to the fragile areas where the signs of ageing first appear: the eye area. Spread a pea-sized amount of A-Oxitive Eye Contour Cream onto the tips of your ring finger and dot around the eyes. Smooth the eyebrow and gently tap onto the lower eyelid.
More mature skin types can turn to more targeted key ingredients for more visible wrinkles such as hyaluronic acid, peptides and antioxidant polyphenols. Here’s our recommended skincare routine for pronounced wrinkles:
- In the morning, apply Physiolift Smoothing Cream. Rich in hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, this anti-ageing product smooths the appearance of deep wrinkles, firms the skin and restores luminosity.
- At night, opt for the Physiolift Smoothing Regenerating Night Balm which relaxes your features and reduces deep wrinkles while you sleep, for visibly replenished and rejuvenated skin when you wake up.
- Smooth out the specific fragile areas most marked by age with Physiolift Eye Contour. It reduces wrinkles and visibly decreases the appearance of puffiness and even the most persistent dark circles.
Loss of firmness
Finally, mature skins can turn to an anti-ageing serum to firm the skin and to specific care products better adapted to their needs.
How do you avoid wrinkles?
Some tips for keeping your skin supple and delaying the appearance of wrinkles:
- Use a facial cleanser morning and night to remove impurities, maintain your skin's youthful appearance and optimise the effectiveness of your anti-ageing product.
- Hydrate your skin intensely morning and night – discover our moisturising creams for the face. Take advantage of this moment to perform circular massages on the crow's feet and between the eyebrows.
- Regularly perform a mini-facial at home with the Gentle Exfoliating Gel and Soothing Radiance Mask.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet, rich in antioxidant foods (green tea, apricot, beetroot, cabbage, etc.) and omega 3. And don't forget to drink at least one litre of water a day
- Protect yourself from the sun, which is the main cause of skin ageing, using a high protection sunscreen (SPF50+).
- Pay attention the quality and amount of sleep you get.