The Thermal Spring Water is rich in silicates and trace elements and has a neutral pH of 7.5, making it suitable for all external areas of the body and face including eyelids. The water has made a long underground journey over more than 50 years, to achieve a perfect balance of Calcium and Magnesium, while remaining ideally mineralised and acquiring a unique microflora. When sprayed on the skin, it reduces cutaneous sensitivity to bring softness and comfort and a purifying sensation to the skin.¹
The spray is suitable for all skin types, including the most sensitive, dry, uncomfortable hypersensitive, reactive, and allergic. It reduces skin sensitivity and reactivity after use. It sprays easily and thanks to its ideal balance of minerals, comfort is restored to the skin without any stinging sensations².
The Avène Thermal Spring Water works to manage a range of everyday skin discomforts including heat affected skin such as sunburn, razor burn, mild facial redness, itching caused by skin dryness, eczema-prone skin, nappy area, and post-procedure irritation such as after hair removal. As a daily skincare product, it is suitable for a range of benefits including toning, setting, or removing make up, refreshing whilst travelling, post-workout and staying cool during humid summer months.
A few words from our expert
The unique and constant composition of Avène Thermal Spring Water gives its soothing and softening properties proven by numerous scientific studies.
Tested by dermatologists, it provides soothing benefits for sensitive, hypersensitive and allergic skin.
• Comforts and reduces skin reactivity after 5 minutes
• Soothing and softening properties
• Skin health and beauty benefits
• Its neutral pH of 7.5 helps reduce skin sensitivity and rebalances the skin.
• Extracted directly from the Avène thermal spring and packaged using a unique filling process that guarantees purity and effectiveness.
• Good balance of Calcium and Magnesium: formula adapts to each unique skin type
• Does not dry out the skin
• Enriched with an ideal balance of minerals, and a unique microflora
• Suitable for use on infants, children, and adults
• Suitable for all areas of the body, including the face and eyelids
• High skin tolerance
• Suitable for use on patients undergoing cancer treatment
• Suitable for all types of skin, including the most sensitive, hypersensitive, reactive, and allergic
• Formulated to minimise the risk of allergic reactions
• 100% natural origin ingredients
• Fragrance free, preservative-free, alcohol-free, free from animal origin ingredients
1. Effects of Avène Thermal Spring Water on Sensitive skin. Protocol No. AV1801 SP 304 107 DL C.
2. Sensory analysis of four medical spa spring waters containing various mineral concentrations. Bacle et al., International Journal of Dermatology 1999, 38, 784-786.