Why use a repairing cream?
It’s important to use restorative face care products when the skin barrier is weakened and the skin feels uncomfortable, with tightness, tingling, irritation or a rough feel. Several factors can weaken the skin and require the use of repairing creams:
- External aggressors such as wind, sun, cold, pollution.
- A small superficial puncture wound.
- Specific surgical, dermatological or cosmetic procedures.
- Or, more simply, a constitutional fragility due to dry skin and hypersensitivity.
How do you choose the right repairing face cream for you?
Which cream should you use to repair the skin on your face every day?
Repairing cream is used to repair the epidermis, restore skin comfort and reinforce the skin's protective barrier function. Soothing, purifying and softening properties are also welcome for taking care of small cuts or wounds, discomfort and roughness.
The Cicalfate+ range has been formulated with an antibacterial copper and zinc complex as well as a patented postbiotic repairing key ingredient [C+-Restore]TM. This formulation meets the daily or occasional needs of the whole family.
Here are some tips on how to choose your repairing product from the Cicalfate+ range:
- The Restorative Protective Cream helps repair damaged, dry, cracked and non-oozing skin. The skin is immediately soothed after the first application* and the cutaneous barrier is restored. Can be used after dermatological procedures as well as cuts, blisters and skin irritations.
- The Cold Cream Lip Balm is ideal for nourishing, protecting, enhancing and repairing dry lips each day all year round: the Nourishing Lip Balm is an easy-to-apply, water-resistant format for long-lasting nourishment of the lips.
Which Eau Thermale Avène repairing cream should you use for a facial scar?
A face cream dedicated to the repair of scars must be composed of repairing key ingredients that promote the healing of small wounds or cuts and protect the skin barrier while it regenerates. Purifying key ingredients help to limit bacterial proliferation in the scar. The use of a repair cream on a scar helps to minimise the mark left behind.
Initially, the use of Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream allows the scar to be repaired until the skin heals.
Then, Cicalfate+ Scar Gel improves the appearance of scars in children and adults, skin is soothed and itching is reduced. It makes it easier to massage the scars yourself and leaves a protective film on the skin.
How do you use Eau Thermale Avène Cicalfate+ on the face?
Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream should be used once or twice a day, in addition to your daily products for sensitive skin and dry skin. In the morning, it will protect the skin all day long from external aggressors due to its repairing properties.
Before applying your face cream, make sure you clean, dry and disinfect any superficial lesions if you have any.
Then, to enhance the effect of the repairing cream and soothe your irritation, spray a fine mist of Thermal Spring Water Spray beforehand.
Follow this up by applying Cicalfate+ Scar Gel following to the recommended massaging method if required.
Continue this facial care routine until the skin is completely healed and any imperfections and irritation disappear.
*% of satisfaction – In use tolerance under dermatological, gynaecological and paediatric control on 83 subjects – Product applied twice daily for 21 days