Use gentle skin care products
Do I need to change my daily skin care routine?
While you are undergoing cancer treatment, your skin is particularly sensitive. You need to make sure you apply gentle, appropriate skin care products to avoid exacerbating the side effects on your skin.
Cleansing lotion for face, eyes, lips.
Cleanses, removes makeup and soothesFind out more
Lipid-replenishing cleansing oil for face & body
Gently cleanses and alleviates the feeling of discomfort without stinging, due to dry skin.Find out more
Avène Thermal Spring Water
Soothes and softensFind out more
- Use soap-free gels, oils or dermatological cleansing bars:
That are in line with the skin’s pH (slightly acidic at a pH of 4.5-5.75)*
That are rich in emollients
- The water you use for washing should be at a temperature between 32°C and 34°C.
- Use gentle, clean hands to wash yourself.
- Dry your skin by dabbing gently, especially in sensitive areas, to avoid provoking a reaction.
- Apply a suitable emollient after showering.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Soap - in both liquid and solid form - dries out your skin and causes irritation.
- Wash mitts, sponges and loofahs can all irritate sensitive skin, as can the cotton pads you use for makeup removal.
- Overly hot water dries the skin and reactivates skin problems.